Monday, August 29, 2011

26 is 2 1/2 Away

I have been working for the state for just under 26 years, just under half of my life.  For about 20 of those 25 plus years I have been working a 4 day work week...a huge benefit, a huge bonus.  Today I was told I was losing that.  The state has recently red-lined, fired, re-purposed, rifted whatever you want to call it, some almost 800 employees.  My boss was one of those.  In their disrespectful way of trying to make that right to some, and shift the system, they are trying to weed me out.  They want my job. They want my job to give to my boss.  They have called and asked me to apply for another job, but in the meantime have taken away the most important thing to me, the 4 day work week.  They want me to either retire or apply for and take this other position.  The person over the entire region has made all these decisions that are affecting everyone.  They have my boss acting like a pawn, they have her graveling for work, doing anything they ask her to do.  She is currently jobless and desperate.  So while I will string them along as long as I can, not making any decision until the last minute, applying for that other position but not necessarily accepting it if they offer it to me, they can just wonder what's what and what I'm ultimately going to do.  But one thing is for sure.  I want to allow and give as little time as possible of my thoughts toward the person responsible for all of this.  She will get what she deserves, I believe that with all my heart.  What goes around comes around.  One way or the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment