Saturday, April 21, 2012

I Just Can't Stop Stopping

What is it about garage sales, yard sales, estate sales and thrift shops that just call my name.  I just can't stop stopping.  I can't just drive by.  Often it seems they are calling out to me as I am minding my own business or just driving by.  I might see a brightly colored poster Then there is also the days I plan my strategy.  I look at the paper and the internet the day and night before looking for the sales that list items that may interest me.  Then I look up the addresses and map out a driving plan.  Come the next morning I get up, get dressed, brush my teeth and hit the road.  This morning I found a few treasures and some things I might just stick in the "resale later" box.  At one stop the folks were just wanting to give stuff away so they gave me a Polaroid 120 Instamatic, some great old hand hedge clippers that WORK, a very old donut cutter with 3 egg poaching cups, and an old wooden silverware box.  Another place I found a turquoise boot bracelet (AKA choker) for $.25,  a cute red clock for my patio for $.75, and a great very old yellow gardening tool for $1.  Still moving on a found three medium size conch shells, one for $2 and two for $.25 and two smaller shells for $.50 each. The very old clock with the alarm clock bells on top for $.50 was one of my favorite finds.  So while there was nothing fabulous, the old garden tools, the shells and the small brass clock were my treasures for the day.  I've already used the garden tools in working in the yard this afternoon and placed the shells in their new places.  The brass clock is cleaned up and sitting on the bookshelf and the red one is happily ticking away on the patio.  So to you...Happy hunting.


Luke 12:27

New International Version (NIV)
   27 “Consider how the wild flowers grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these.


Encourage One Another

No comments:

Post a Comment