Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Happy Trails My Sweet Boy

March 28, 1992 -- October 15, 2013

As the trumpet sounded, the heavens parted, making a way for him, a beautiful horse, a kind soul,  a kindred spirit.

The day I brought him home.




 Happy trails to you, until we meet again.
Happy trails to you, keep smilin' until then.
Who cares about the clouds when we're together?
Just sing a song and bring the sunny weather.
Happy trails to you, 'till we meet again.
Thank you for every mile we traveled and every trial we conquered.  Thank you for blessing my life.
You are a great champion.  When you ran, the ground shook, the sky opened and mere mortals parted.  Parted the way to victory, where you'll meet me in the winner's circle, where I'll put a blanket of flowers on your back.

Good by my sweet friend.  I'll see you in heaven as the trumpet sounds.
xoxo

Do you give the horse his strength or clothe his neck with a flowing mane?
Do you make him leap like a locust, striking terror with his proud snorting?
He paws fiercely, rejoicing in his strength, and charges into the fray.
He laughs at fear, afraid of nothing; he does not shy away from the sword.
The quiver rattles against his side, along with the flashing spear and lance.
In frenzied excitement he eats up the ground; he cannot stand still when the trumpet sounds.
Job 39:19-24 (NIV)

** In honor of the Anna, Denise, and Jimmy who gave him many wonderful years of a great life and loved him as much as I did!**

1 comment:

  1. I remember when we brought him home; you had been wanting a grey horse with a black mane and tail. We got home and Rusty was sick. That's part of where he got his name. He had a good life.

    ReplyDelete