Sunday, November 10, 2013

Wisdom From the Front Porch #1

If an oak tree grew from every acorn planted by a squirrel, the world would be a forest.  For three days in a row I have watched up to three squirrels from the porch climb up, gather and acorn, climb down, search, dig a hole, bury the acorn, and cover it up with their paws, meticulously and with great speed and intent.


Repeatedly as fast as they can do it, they do it again, and again, over and over.
My yard has to be covered in buried acorns.  I suspect the squirrels are preparing for the winter, but only God in his ultimate knowledge and wisdom could know and remind those squirrels where those acorns are that they buried.  And come to think of it, that knowledge must be what stops the world from becoming a forest...because the squirrels must go back and GET THEM!  Praise God!
God's knowledge and wisdom can guide us as well.  He is always there, giving us direction.  We just have to ask him and then listen.  He is truly all knowing.  Remember to lean in to him, he will catch you, he will hold you up, and he will direct you the way in the way that you should go.

1 Samuel 12:22-24

New International Version (NIV)
22 For the sake of his great name the Lord will not reject his people, because the Lord was pleased to make you his own. 23 As for me, far be it from me that I should sin against theLord by failing to pray for you. And I will teach you the way that is good and right. 24 But be sure to fear the Lord and serve him faithfully with all your heart; consider what greatthings he has done for you.

Psalm 25:5
Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is inyou all day long.

Encourage One Another, continuing the journey on fresh paths.
Blessings and love to you xoxo.

1 comment:

  1. Hello sweet friend,

    You recently left an incredibly kind comment on a recent post and I wanted to stop by and say thank you! It meant so much to me that you would take the time to write such kind words. I so look forward to getting to know you here in the blog world! Big Hug, Sibi

    ReplyDelete