Saturday, September 13, 2014

When you ride a horse, you disconnect yourself from the ground of the earth.

I read that the other day and thought how true it is.  I remember when I use to work so hard and be under so much stress that riding was the only thing that really took me away from all that.  The trauma and abuse that I dealt with daily took a huge toll on my mental health.  Going to the country, riding my horse, being "not connected" was just what I needed.
I never thought of it like that but it was a bit like cutting the connection to my brain that carried all that hard information.  A disconnect to that and a connect to just God's world.  The openness, the air, the trees, the wildlife, the freedom, the peacefulness and quiet, the rest for my soul...now I know what it was all about.
I love this thought.  God you are so good to give this good word to me.  Now it makes perfect sense.

They found rich, good pasture, and the land was spacious,peaceful and quiet. 





Encourage One Another, continuing the journey on fresh paths.
Blessings and love to you, oxox.

No comments:

Post a Comment