Saturday, January 21, 2012

It's Beginning To Be The End

October 11, 2011, was the final day of chemo for my sister.  We praised God!  "Done, done and done" I wrote on FB.  It was a good day.  We celebrated with dinner at my house, nothing much, just hanging out, me and my sister.  My b-n-l was out of town.  There would be some other treatments, but the poison had run it's course.  Was the poison the miracle?  No, God holds the miracle.  This week was her second reconstructive surgery...long awaited.  The doctors had to stop this process almost as soon as it started last January, as once she was diagnosed and then needed chemo, there could be no more surgeries during that time.  The surgery went well and she is back home, sore, but recuperating.  So it is truly closer to the end of all this and total healing from it all, while complete, just needs a little tweaking!  She's already gone on with life as a healthy woman in retirement as well.  We are now just waiting on our next chapters.  For her and my b-n-l, it includes trips to the Sequoia National Forrest in Nevada and an Alaskan cruise in the next few months.  Kick it up a notch Sissy and enjoy.  I look forward to the next 50 years with you!



Encourage One Another

No comments:

Post a Comment