Thursday, June 21, 2012

God is Always Working

"This one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before." Philippians 3:13


Back in April I met a gal at a picnic in Roundtop/Warrenton weekend.  She's about my age.  She and her sister have a business with 'old things'.  As it turned out, she lives just outside Seguin...where my daughter lives, where I was originally looking to rent or buy.  She and I visited over dinner that day and I could tell I liked her right away.  I could tell we could be friends.  We talked about our lives and our faith.  I only had one short conversation with her after that, by phone, about a house for rent, which didn't turn out.  But God wasn't through with us yet.
This week I saw her connected to another friend on Facebook.  I sent her an email telling her I was finally moving to the area.  She friend requested me on FB.  I confirmed.  We emailed a couple of short emails and then I got an email that included the above scripture.  TODAY, that is just what I needed to hear.  I need to leave a lot of things behind, my old life in G and the negative things that happened there, still need to be behind me.  I need only be looking at the present and the future which will hold great things.  I know that because God made that promise.  I need to re-establishing old friendships that are positive for me, create new friendships with new people, get involved in a church family, watch my grandson grow up inside my daughters family, watch my daughter grow into an amazing young woman, watch her marriage grow stronger day by day.  I need to "reach forth unto those things which are before", not backward to what could have or might have been.  Those things are over, they are done, they are history and nothing can be changed about them.  My future is bright.  I have a feeling my life is going to be very full.  I am looking forward to my new home, my new friends, my old friends becoming new again, and the "meanderings of a happy girl" once more filling my days.  






Continuing my journey...but with fresh paths!
Encourage One Another

No comments:

Post a Comment