Sunday, June 3, 2012

Summer

When I was little we had a series of books by Childcraft.  I don't remember how many there were but they were filled with stories, information, poems, etc.  I LOVED those books.  I am pretty sure either my sister or I have my favorite one of them someplace.  The art was sort of like funny paper colors, cute, drawing like.  I loved reading that book.  I'll have to find it and share with you.  If I can't find it I'll have to rare book hunt or ebay or something to come up with it.  The poem below if off another blog...thanks MB, it reminded me too of summer;  Building sand castles, catching fire flies, going barefoot, leaving the windows open at night.  So in the meantime, enjoy this one!


June


The sun is rich
And gladly pays
In golden hours,
Silver days,

And long green weeks
That never end.
School's out. The time
Is ours to spend.

The playground calls,
The ice-cream man,
And, after supper,
Kick-the-Can.

The live-long light
Is like a dream,
And freckles come
Like flies to cream.


John Updike


Encourage One Another

No comments:

Post a Comment