Friday, November 9, 2012

House Work

No, not the kind your thinking of.
The kind where your working in your house to make it a better house.  I'm referring to the "box" room. The room filled with boxes and furniture and stuff that still has no place in this little house.  I'm referring to the room I've been so looking forward to...MY room!
Here are some photos from a couple of weeks ago.



I've been doing lots of house work in this room and shuffling it around other places as it was FULL of boxes and stuff, literally almost no carpet was in sight when I moved in.  So I've "come a long way baby" believe it or not since I moved in.  Lately I've been a little stuck or overwhelmed with how in the world I was going to make it all come together or even where to START.

Yesterday I woke up with a couple of ideas of where to put stuff (there were boxes of linens, clothes, photos, etc that were not going to end up in the room along with the boxes of art stuff) in mind and I "hit it" most of the day.  Everything needs a home except what's going to stay in there.

Here is the look after yesterday.


Still work to do.  Still working.
Here is what it looks like after working in there today.



This is going to be the room for Baby Gray and my family and friends when they come to stay.  AND it's going to be my room, my studio where I go and create and draw, paint, glue, sew and just do what I love!  It's got to have a sleeping space (futon or trundle/daybed), the chest of drawers and cedar chest need to stay (no other place for them) and then a work space for me.  I need to decide what's going to go where as I figure out what's going in there!  At least now I can see a little bit of the walls and windows and the floor.  It's a work in progress.  With the sun going down so early, much more time is spent indoors...I need to be creating!!!!

So if you have any ideas how to pull it all together or where to look for stuff, I'd love to know.

1Thes 4:11 "Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands."

Encourage One Another, continuing the journey on fresh paths.

Blessing and love.

1 comment:

  1. a place for everything, and everything in it's place...that is my dream world!

    ReplyDelete