Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Blog Post #200 Happy Birthday Baby Jesus

Seems my 200th blog post should be something important.  I can't think of anything more important that the birth of Jesus.

Back in December a friend expressed how she made a birthday cake for Jesus for her granddaughter on Christmas Day.  She said she did it ever year.  Sometimes she used a cake mix, sometimes home made, sometimes store bought, sometimes brownie mix.  On top she placed a little baby Jesus in a manger and one candle.  Great idea I thought.  I had not even heard of this idea before.  It seemed like a great tradition I could start.  My friend even offered me a little pan she had that she did not use.

Can't remember if I told you about the little Baby Jesus I found at a local Goodwill store in November.  It was just a little white plaster Baby Jesus with no Mary and no Joseph. I just couldn't leave him there alone.  I had no idea what to really do with him without the rest of the manger scene, but you know me and homeless kids...I gotta find a home for them.  So off Baby Jesus went, home with me.   When my friend gave me this idea, I knew why I had come across Him that day!

So the idea was born.

I made the little cake out of brownie mix.  It was so cute.

I had planned to make homemade icing, but was not feeling too well over Christmas so opted for store bought instead.  I had decided to not ice it until Christmas day as we would be having Christmas dinner until that afternoon.   Iced, it was even cuter.


And with the little white Baby Jesus on top it was perfect.  Candle in place it was ready to go.

When you ask Baby Gray whose birthday is Christmas.  He says "Jesus's".  So he knows, sort of!

So we all sang "Happy Birthday dear Jesus", he blew out the candle, and ate the cake...happily!




A tradition is born!

Luke 2:

So Joseph also went up from the town of Nazareth in Galilee to Judea, to Bethlehem the town of David, because he belonged to the house and line of David. He went there to register with Mary, who was pledged to be married to him and was expecting a child.While they were there, the time came for the baby to be born, and she gave birth to her firstborn, a son. She wrapped him in cloths and placed him in a manger, because there was no guest room available for them.
And there were shepherds living out in the fields nearby, keeping watch over their flocks at night. An angel of the Lord appeared to them, and the glory of the Lord shone around them, and they were terrified. 10 But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. 11 Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord. 12 This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.”


Encourage One Another, continuing the journey on fresh paths.




1 comment: