Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Jump Start to a "Mission"

It's been a while.  Other than a little run in with a virus Christmas eve eve that ran thru to a couple of days after Christmas, the holidays went well.  I am glad to get back into the life of a retired person who spends a lot of time relaxing.  Of late I've been perusing blogs that show up some how that have linked to other blogs I'm reading...very time consuming.  If you check my Pinterest today you will see what I have been up to and what I'd like to be up to (lots of "how tos" and "just do it" projects.  On my shopping list are a sewing machine and a glue gun!  Neither of which I have a spot in my house to really use.  I'm working not to purchase anything I don't have a place for...until I do, so they are just "on" the list, non-emergency.

However, since the holidays are over I have a little jump start going to finishing my house.  I have purchased and put up window treatments on all windows except the "room".





I have hung pictures that have been in boxes since I moved in and two awesome vintage paint by number horses I received from a good friend at Christmas .  My house looks almost finished except the "room".  I am on the way this week to the Design Center in Austin to find fabrics and purchase them to get the two chairs in the living area upholstered.  I have been to the upholsterer and just need to drop it all off.  I've measured the bedroom windows to purchase shades that WORK this week as well.

I'm on a "mission" to get the rest of my house finished by the end of February.  Baby Gray looks squeezed into the pack and play where he stays when he is here.  He and needs another place to sleep more comfortably.  I also want to be able to invite guests who will have a comfortable place to sleep.  Right now someone is on the couch!  So far that someone has been me!

Also with the help of a friend I got the Little Tykes fort that was in the dirt in the front of the house onto a concrete slab in back of the house.

I'll get that cleaned up and in a safer place for BG to play.  We also cleaned the crummy dirt out of the huge tractor tire (prior tenants called it a "sand box") that was in the front yard as well.  I have big plans for it to be my "mini garden" as spring rolls around.

There is no place for a little garden and this should work if I get the right soil, etc.  I need some gardening tutorials and ideas!  I can almost see the colorful red tomatoes, cucumbers and squash already!

There are still lots of other projects on my "inspiration board" in my bedroom.  They'll come along as well.

So, so far I've been a little productive in the new year however, with miles to go.  Thankfully, I've got some good running shoes!

1  Thessalonians 4:11-12
Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life: You should mind your own business and work with your hands, just as we told you, 12 so that your daily life may win the respect of outsiders and so that you will not be dependent on anybody.

Encourage One Another, continuing the journey on fresh paths!

No comments:

Post a Comment