Friday, January 18, 2013

In Memoriam "Annie Girl"

Hebrews 13:2

King James Version (KJV)
Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

After a very long and well lived and loved life Annie Girl is no longer here.  Yesterday was her time.  My sister and my two "other" nieces took her, hugged her, loved her and said good-bye.  She is resting easy now.  Many medical problems plagued her over the last year.  They no longer do.  She was 16.
Almost 7 years ago a garage door crushed her little back.  She had surgery.  Initially she struggled really hard to come back, but about that time a little 6 month old rebel rouser came to live a short time with her and rehab-ed her to complete recovery.  She tried to follow him everywhere...and she did.  He lead her without knowing...like most heros do.

She lived the next 5 or so years very well, very happy.  I lived those years very close by and we became very close.  Slowly, as with all of us growing older, life just got harder.  Her spirit however, remained as playful as a pup.  She was always cold natured and if she didn't beat Ikey to the "pink" bed (which is actually his) she would just "ease" her way into it with him growling away.  She didn't care...she knew he wouldn't do a thing.

When I had not seen her for a while, as  I walked into a room, she would sing out to the moon, scream almost with excitement.   She loved me as much as I loved her.  There's a You Tube video of she and Ikey singing to the ATT tune if you want to search "Ikey the Singing Chihuahua" on You Tube.  She's the background singer!!

Sixteen years of memories later we wake up without her this morning, but she is on our minds.  We loved her to the end.  And we will miss her.  Especially my sister...and Ikey!

Vaya con Dios my sweet Annie Girl.  I love you.
1 Corinthians 13:13
And now these three remain: faithhope and love. But the greatest of these is love.


Encourage One Another, continuing the journey on fresh paths.

1 comment:

  1. I so feel your pain....Beau has been gone 2 weeks now, and I think about him every.single.day.

    ReplyDelete