Sunday, February 17, 2013

Call Me Crazy

And call me crazy, but guess who just showed up on the porch this morning, hanging out where their roosting box use to be...the Morning Doves!

(Posts from 10/30/12 and 11/4/12)
http://thegoodlife54.blogspot.com/2012/10/and-they-lived-happily-ever-after.html
http://thegoodlife54.blogspot.com/2012/11/post-script-to-and-they-lived-happily.html

They are out there right now!  For me to move and get my camera, I'm sure they'd see me through the window.  It's them.  No really, I know it's them.  They are just picking and cleaning and scratching away.  They feel safe up there.  I don't know where they've been.  Someplace warm I suspect.  There are three of them.  You remember, the mama and two babies.  They are on a little red table on the porch enjoying the sun.

OK, I couldn't stand it.  I had to slither along the floor with my phone and get these photos so you would believe me.



How do I know it's them?  Because I believe it it; because I'm a romantic; because I believe dove go back to where they lived the years before and make a nest; because it just is.

Call me crazy!

Genesis 8
Then he sent out a dove to see if the water had receded from the surface of the ground. But the dove could find nowhere to perch because there was water over all the surface of the earth; so it returned to Noah in the ark. He reached out his hand and took the dove and brought it back to himself in the ark. 10 He waited seven more days and again sent out the dove from the ark. 11 When the dove returned to him in the evening, there in its beak was a freshly plucked olive leaf! Then Noah knew that the water had receded from the earth.

Encourage One Another, continuing the journey on fresh paths.

Blessings and love to you, xoxo!

No comments:

Post a Comment