Saturday, February 16, 2013

Country Birds in Winter

I know I blogged when I first moved here that country summer birds just were not interested in bird feeders.  There must be such cool things in the country for birds to eat that little seeds in a barrel are just boring.  I have found country winter birds are different.  They enjoy the little seed feast.  They even seem to flick it out on the ground so other birds can enjoy it.  My feeders are rather small and have short perches that the sparrows love but which make it hard for dove and Field Lark to sit on, so they eat off the ground.  There's a bunch of them out there.  I can see them daily through the window.


In fact, I have put up two feeders now since there are so many.   They come every day.  I do not know obviously if they are the same ones, but there are many.
They are just fun to watch.  I can hear a wood pecker in the distance.  I love birds.  I love their sounds, their antics, their colors, and just the fact that they never worry.  They know God will provide for them, some how, some way.  They in fact don't know any other way.  They don't even try to do it alone.  I love their attitude.  Think I'll take a lesson here.


All these things do the nations of the world seek after: and your Father knoweth that ye have need of these things. But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you.
- Luke 12:30-31 (KJV)


Encourage One Another, continuing the journey on fresh paths.

Love and blessings to you, xoxo!


No comments:

Post a Comment