Thursday, February 28, 2013

God's Perfect Timing

 I woke up this morning to the singing of a Mockingbird.  Music to my ears.  I prayed thankfully for a great nights sleep to such quiet that the thing that woke me up was a Mockingbird (not a rooster).  "Thank you Jesus for my ears to hear!"  As I opened my eyes I saw a tiny speck of red reflecting on the window.  "Oh my" I thought, I know what that means!  I moved the pillows out of the way and this is what I saw.

I felt a bit like the guy in the story "The Night Before Christmas"...."I sprang up from my bed to see what was the matter!".

Clad in only my Victoria Secret tee shirt and house shoes, I grabbed my camera and dashed out the front door.  It was about 6:40a.m.


 "Praise God.  Thank you Jesus for my eyes to see!"


The ripples and the waves in the clouds were just truly unbelievable to see.  

 Wow, I snapped these photos (and many more) as the seconds clicked by.


I waved at the school bus full of kids as it went by, still almost dark, lights flashing, camera in hand.


"Wow, it's cold out here I thought" as I stood watching and snapping.  My outside thermometer said 42 degrees!
This was my last photo.  What a difference a second makes.  I went back inside about 6:50a.m.

Outside at this moment, it is overcast and a bit dreary looking actually.  Had I not got up to see it with my own eyes, I would never have believed that THIS sunrise rose this morning.

My lesson?  God's timing is so perfect.  To question it, His timing, makes no sense at all when you witness something like this.

  1. Romans 8:25
    But if we hope for what we do not yet have, we wait for it patiently.
  2. Hebrews 6:15
    And so after waiting patiently, Abraham received what was promised.

Encourage One Another, continuing the journey on fresh paths.

Blessings and love to you, xoxo.

1 comment:

  1. gorgeous morning photos, so love the tree contrast across the sky too. i am a morning girl, always love a good dawn show~

    ReplyDelete