Friday, March 1, 2013

The Rest of the Story

I was finally successful on Craigslist this week in purchasing a creamy white iron day bed with a trundle.  It's pretty much just what I had been looking for.  I'm sure there are prettier ones, newer ones, older ones, better made ones, etc, however, this one works great and was not a huge divot in my budget.




Here's the room after I moved things around getting ready for the bed I bought.
A little more prep to cover things so BG wouldn't be tempted.
Here it is, made up with a quilt that was made by my grandmother although it may or may not stay.  I piled some pillows on I already had.  I have no idea about "decor" in this room.  I have not even thought about it.  I just wanted to get the studio part finished and everything put up so I could work in here and a place for Baby Gray (my grandson) and or a friend or family to sleep.
Mission accomplished.

Baby Gray still sleeps in a crib at his house and in a pack and play anywhere else.  He has not actually ever slept in a "bed".   It'll be his "big boy" bed.  I've given lots of thought about how to do it, how to get him to stay in the bed once we try it.  He's awake a long time in that pack and play before he ever, if ever, doses off, especially at nap time.  God will have to be in charge of that.

The room, while not finished, and probably will get some major tweaking, is at least what I would call complete.

So diligence and perseverance pays off finally.  From those photos I posted last week,



to now, is a huge change and a huge relief.  Praise God!

Next project is the living area and the chairs to reupholster.  That feels small compared to this.

James 5:11

As you know, we count as blessed those who have persevered. 


Encourage one another, continuing the journey on fresh paths.

Blessings and love to you, xoxo.

NOW!!!   Here's the REST OF THE STORY!!

1 comment:

  1. i think it looks great...especially the very last photo. craigslist rocks.

    ReplyDelete