Tuesday, April 30, 2013

52 Wing Beats Per Second

Have you ever been so close to a hummingbird that it's fluttering blew your hair?  Have you ever been so close to a hummingbird you thought it was going to put your eye out with it's pointed beak?
That's what happened today.

I was sitting in my rocker and stood up to go inside.  I was standing next to the flowering hanging basket when two of them flew up.  Literally I thought "I better close my eyes, she's going to get too close.  She's going to poke me in the eye."  She zipped off before I could wink.  Next thing I know, I hear one fly up behind me.  She was so close and her wings were fluttering so fast I could feel my hair move.  They are so curious and they are so fast they don't have to be afraid of much it seems.

Unbelievable, that's all I can say.  Beautiful.  The only other word I can come up with.

Have I told you how much I love living in the country?  Blessed!

Jeremiah 17:7
“But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord, whose confidence is in him.


Encourage One Another, continuing the journey on fresh paths.
Blessings and love to you, xoxo.

1 comment:

  1. blessed indeed, i too love the country life... and i have been mortifed of blindness too! they are so fast and just swoop down they scare me, i fear they think my blue eyes are morning glories and that beek would end up thru my eyes and into my brain! i can never capture them, but i do love seeing them~

    ReplyDelete