Friday, April 5, 2013

Another Miracle at the Little Cottage in the Oaks

RAIN!!  Truly a miracle in this drought we are having.  Praise God!
Last night the winds started blowing from the north.  Blowing, shake the walls, break the limbs blowing.  Thunder began to sound and lightening cracked across the sky.

Ikey is deathly afraid of thunder so he was sticking to me like glue.  Before we went to bed only a few drops had hit the ground but more rain was predicted.
During the night another storm came.  We sat up in bed and watched.  (Ikey doesn't sleep during a thunder storm).
This afternoon, same thing happened...wind, dark skies, and crackling thunder.  I grabbed my camera to go out to actually get some photos of "rain" and found a little hummer looking for a place to stay warm and dry.  The temperature was about 30 degrees colder than yesterday.  The little black headed hummer flew around on the front porch for several minutes.  He buzzed so close to me I thought he was going to land on my shoulder.  I just stood still.  Then he finally landed on the little metal gate on the porch.



I took a few photos and stepped back inside.  He hung out there until the rain subsided.  How cool is that!  Hope he comes back for a visit soon.
Genesis 8:11
When the dove returned to him in the evening, there in its beak was a freshly plucked olive leaf! Then Noah knew that the water had receded from the earth.

Encourage One Another, continuing the journey on fresh paths.
Blessings and love to you, xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment