Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Flash From the Past

"I believe I am passionate about 4 things, faith, family and friends.  I grew up in a very close family who had strong spiritual values.  I have carried these with me throughout my life, though sometimes being more committed to them than others.  When things have been difficulty for me however, my faith, family and friends are the things that have carried me through them.  My family and I remain very close and they have been and always will be an important part of my life.  I also believe that life is much better with friends in it; friends you can laugh with, share with, cry with, pray with and play with.  They do not need to be friends with all the answers, just friends with great listening ears. 
I am also a good friend and listener, and try very hard not to give advise.  If you and I become friends, you can count on me to be dependable and trustworthy.  I hope you will be also!"

I found this statement in some old emails I was going through.  Initially I had no idea who I had written it to.  After thinking about it a while, I think it is a statement I put on some dating site, some information about myself.  I find it odd that I put "4" things I was passionate about and only then listed 3.  The other thing I'm passionate about (as there really are four) is horses.  You probably read about that in a previous blog.  Since I wrote this sometime in them middle of 2007, I have lost my father, a huge piece of my family.  However, I have gained a grandson.  I believe my faith remains strong, although there is always room for growth there and I hope it grows in abundance.  Overall, the statement remains true.  I believe I am a good friend and I still cherish the most important things in my life.


Encourage One Another

No comments:

Post a Comment