Thursday, January 20, 2011

To Live a Quiet Life

I love this scripture I saw on a blog recently.  The blog belongs to Donna Boucher.  It's called "Quiet Life". I think I might want to add this scripture to my blog.  That won't be stealing will it? 

"Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands...." 1 Thessalonians 4:11

I believe that is the way I would like to live.

I also love Donna's sign off, "encourage one another".  I looked up that scripture myself.  There are actually two (at least) of them. 

  2 Corinthians 13:11
Finally, brothers and sisters, rejoice! Strive for full restoration, encourage one another, be of one mind, live in peace. And the God of love and peace will be with you.
1 Thessalonians 4:18
Therefore encourage one another with these words.

What if everyday you encouraged someone, at least one person, by something you did or something you said?  What if everyday someone encouraged you by something they did or something they said?  Do you believe that would make a difference?  I do.  I really do.  Some days we find are harder than others.  Just the muddling through some days, when nothing special is going on, can be hard.  Then there are the hard days.  Webster's gives the following words as descriptions of encouragement:  to inspire, give hope, spur on, give support, cheer on, hearten, boost, urge, motivate.  How might it feel for someone to fill your heart with words such as these each day?  How would it feel to someone else?  Maybe we should make this a practice.  Start small,  encourage someone, one person, once a day.  Then encourage one more.  Even a smile will make a difference.  I say let's try it and see what happens. So until then...

Encourage one another

"Make it your ambition to lead a quiet life and attend to your own business and work with your hands...." 1 Thessalonians 4:11





No comments:

Post a Comment