Tuesday, June 3, 2014

I Shall Keep Horses



While checking out pinterest this morning it lead me to an equestrian website.  It contained a forum where folks write in with issues.  One gal wrote in that she had fallen from her horse, broken several vertebrae in her back and had decided that she was not going to ride any more, that it would be too dangerous.  She asked others if they had any suggestions of what she might do to be a horse person who doesn't ride.  She got a lot of encouragement and suggestions about working horses on the ground, grooming, volunteering, or rescuing horses that may not be able to be ridden.  
Since my own recent accident I was very interested in reading all their suggestions.  As you know I have no intention too quitting riding however, I might be interested in some of their ideas until I can.  The one response she got that truly captured my attention and the one that has the thoughts that are most along my line of thinking, was this one...  
"This Monica Dickens quote sums it up for me : 'When I can't ride anymore, I shall keep horses as long as I can hobble around with a bucket and a wheelbarrow. When I can't hobble, I shall roll my wheelchair out to the fence of the field where my horses graze and watch them."
Having horses in my own barn, in my own backyard, where I can see them grazing out my kitchen window, and walk out and saddle up at any time of the day has been a life long dream of mine.  Thankfully my life isn't over yet.  
 Smash
 Mosey and I
Encourage one another, continuing the journey on fresh paths.
Blessings and love to you.
I'm one day closer!

No comments:

Post a Comment