Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Return to Normal

Finally after 15 1/2 weeks it appears that there is a conclusive return to normal.  Oh and how I thank God for that.  Saturday, August 2nd was the first day I saddled and rode all by myself, for 2 1/2 hours.  

This is us leaving the barn.  For about the first 5 minutes I admit I was a little anxious, but after that it was all rock and roll!  My boy could not have been more perfect.  He never batted and extra look at anything.  It was as if we'd been riding daily since April 15th.  He was quiet and calm which was very reassuring to me.
 I purchased Mosey a little fly bonnet to keep the big flies from biting his ears.  You can see it here.  It looks a little goofy, but it worked.

I love days I ride and see lots of wildlife.  This day I first spotted a raccoon in a tree.  She climbed down and ran off down the creek.  It is very seldom that I see a raccoon during the day.  Other sightings were hawks, a coyote, tiny baby hogs and a lone deer.   Wildlife always makes the ride more interesting.

Overall it was a great ride.  It was just so peaceful, so quiet, except for the sounds in the sanctuary.  It's easy to just lose yourself in the moment and to be grateful for so many things.



It's hard to describe the feeling of normal again, of being able to do just about everything I was able to do before.  It's hard to describe the feelings of freedom and independence and competency.  Being dependent on others was very difficult and very humbling.  However, being in that place has given me a much greater compassion for others in need.  I hope I can be a better giver, a better helper to others who are now walking in those shoes.  There are always lessons to learn from the hard knocks in life.  I hope I have learned some.

James 4:10 
Humble yourselves before the Lord, and he will lift you up.

Encourage one another, continuing the journey on fresh paths.
Blessing and love to you, xoxo


You will bring them in and plant them on the mountain of your inheritance— the place, Lord, you made for your dwelling, the sanctuary, Lord, your hands established.



No comments:

Post a Comment