Monday, January 23, 2012

I've Got a Secret

OK, I'm gonna let you in on it....well, part of it.
There is a resale/thrift store I go to that has wonderful things in it.  Sometimes the things are on the high side, or well they are higher than I want to pay anyway.  I want a deal.  I hope for a treasure at a really good price.  Well, if you time it right, that's exactly what you get.  If you really want something you find however, you better get it right when you see it.  Although, if you think it's cool but not a "must have" you can wait a month and it goes down 25%.  If you wait another month, and it's still there, it goes down 50%; another month 75% and the last month it's 98 cents!!!!  OH, my, those are the real finds.  I go once or twice a  month just looking for the $.98 cent deals.  This month I found some unique things;


3 pretty vintage floral platters,




a Frankoma cream and sugar set in a soft gray and it's in perfect shape,



2 gorgeous green shell flower vases (a matched pair) and another floral vase from the 50s/60s,



two clocks, one new one old, they both work (check the time)!



creamers, one off white with gold plate from Germany, one creamy white,



a milk glass jar/vase with little flowers around the top,


This little vintage vase with three cupids around it; this one is too cute


a floral blue vase with vibrant colors, (photo does not do this one justice)


and to top my treasure hunt off I found these two little pin cushions that look like tomatoes...my dog tried to eat them!


and a few other things.  Seriously, these were all marked much higher but none of them were over $2, in fact most were $.98 cents.  Next month I have my eye on some very cool things too.  There are a number of them so if some aren't there it'll be fine.  I have to have an idea of what to do with things I want to purchase, and sometimes I don't.  I have to find a venue to sell the great treasures I find.  I'm also thinking of doing some furniture painting...once again I need an outlet or venue.  My brain in thinking on that.  Anyway, keep this little secret under your hat because the fewer people who know, the better.  I don't want them nabbing up all the cool stuff.  I can spend hours in this place.  I have made friends with the owner and her helper...they are great friends.  So, February 1st is just around the corner...next week in fact.  Sooo, I hope the things I have on my "waiting" list are still there.  I'll be there bright and early the morning of Wednesday week!  It's on my calendar.  Here's a little sneak peak.




So til then....Happy treasure hunting and happy trails.

Encourage One Another

No comments:

Post a Comment