Sunday, February 24, 2013

The Other Room


OK, I hate to admit it.  This is the second bedroom months (October) after I moved in.  The room just overwhelmed me.  I did not know how I was going to get through all this stuff.  I wanted to keep it all and I had NOWHERE in this house to put it.  I wanted this room to be a bedroom for baby Gray and anyone else that came to visit and a studio for me.  Like I said...overwhelming.

After a little work the boxes dwindled but I still had a long way to go.

Here are more photos of even more days of work and several months later.  Boxes were disappearing still.  It's a bit like the clowns that keep piling out of a VW.  They just keep coming and coming.  Where do they all come from and where do they all go!





A few weeks ago I bought two of the smaller 36" shelves.  After working to get the first one "filled" I knew another small one was not going to be enough.  So yesterday I went and bought the larger, 48" one.  This is the room today, six months and 16 days after I moved in.  While there is still a great deal of organizing, switching around, grouping etc., at least all the boxes are gone.  Every last one of them have been unpacked and disassembled.  Almost everything has a place.  Praise God!
This is the work table, my spot, my creative area.  It sits in front of the window so I can see out as I work.  My inspirations on the window sill include a little butterfly painting painted by my mother, a jeweled cross made by me in 2002 (one of the last ones I made but still have), a photo of my parents holding my very young daughter, and a sign "dream" to keep me dreaming and creating.

It's not finished yet.  The room still needs a day bed with a trundle which I'm still on the hunt for.  I'm hoping to find it soon.  I'll move a few more things around then to make it work and fit.  Perhaps some of the organizing will be finished by then.  Perhaps I will have started and or even finished my first project.  My thought about that first project will be a cross.  One created in my little house in the country that I love so much, symbolizing my gratitude for a wonderful life.

I'll keep you posted!

It is good to give thanks to the Lord.
Encourage One Another, continuing the journey on fresh paths.

Blessings and love to you, xoxo.




No comments:

Post a Comment