Thursday, June 27, 2013

Reflections On My Mirror


Years ago I use to write on my mirror, things that helped me live each day, reminders of things that are most important.  When I moved from that house, that mirror, I wrote them all on a dry erase board so I could keep them with me in my new home.  When I moved from there, I got rid of many things, including the dry erase board.  From there, I wrote them in my journal.  They are still in my journal, and now they are here.

I can feel the healing power of God working in me today!

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.  Phil 4:13

Live in the present moment.

God can work miracles. Ps 77:14

Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart.  Ps 37:4

My happiness cannot possibly depend on my forcing changes in someone else.  Nor does my misery come from anyone but me.  (Al-Anon)

Growth in wisdom comes in obeying Gods laws.  Praise his name forever.  Ps 72:19

Unconditional love is of the soul, instantaneous, universal, not bound and from God.

In His will is our peace.  

You are a mighty God.

Don't be impatient, wait for the Lord and He will come and save you.  Be brave, stout hearted and courageous.  Yes wait, and he will help you.  Ps 27:14

God show me the way.

For I know the  plans I have for you says the Lord, to give you a future and a hope.  Jer 29:11

With hope in our lives, all else is possible.

This too shall pass.  (AA and Al-Anon)

I pray to learn to enjoy the good each day brings and not to be apprehensive about the future which is in God's hands.

Enjoy the good life.  Receive it with a grateful heart.

With God all things are possible.  Matt 19:26

I will not give up my passions and my dreams.  I will live to do them.  (Me)

I am the miracle!

EVERY time I read these I feel blessed.  God is an awesome God.  Waking up I am reminded.  Looking outside I am reminded.  Living each day, one more day I am reminded.

Philippians 4:10-14 (Paul) says:
God who gives peace will be with you.

10 At last you are concerned about me again. That makes me very happy. We belong to the Lord. I know that you have been concerned. But you had no chance to show it.
11 I’m not saying that because I need anything. I have learned to be content no matter what happens to me. 12 I know what it’s like not to have what I need. I also know what it’s like to have more than I need. I have learned the secret of being content no matter what happens. I am content whether I am well fed or hungry. I am content whether I have more than enough or not enough. 13 I can do everything by the power of Christ. He gives me strength. 14 But it was good of you to share in my troubles. 

This is what I strive for, to be content, no matter what, no matter what.  I can do everything by the power of Christ.  He gives me strength.

Encourage One Another, continuing the journey on fresh paths.
Blessings and love to you, xoox.

No comments:

Post a Comment