Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Shopping at Kohl's...a Blessing, Who Knew?

Here is my Kohl's story.
I was shopping there just last week.  I had a few things to return.  Well, who can go in Kohl's and not shop around so my sissy and I started checking a few things out.  Truthfully, since I moved to south Texas I have not shopped at Kohl's!!
I saw a cute top I liked and I asked a check out clerk where others of the item I was looking at might be found.  In a somewhat raspy but very recognizable voice to me, she showed me where more of the item were hanging.  After I found what I was looking for and was ready to check out I went back to her specifically to check out.  She spoke with a very strained and difficult to speak voice.  I said "do you mind if I ask you a question about your voice?"  She said "No."  I said "do you have spastic dysphonia?"  She said no, her voice problem was due to an bad accident she was in some years ago.  I proceeded to tell her that my mother had a speech disorder called Spastic Dysphonia (a shaking of the vocal cords that make it very difficult to get sounds out and speak)  and I told her that she actually sounded almost exactly like my mother.  Talking to her was a bit emotional for me as it brought back many memories.  My mom passed away 20 years ago I told her.  "Azy" told me how she had been teased and mistreated due to her voice.  She told me it had been very hard for her to work and talk and it upset her that others were so cruel to her.  I acknowledged that, expressing that my mom had the same problem with people making fun of her and it would greatly upset my mom as well.  Azy said that her husband would take up for her (what a great guy he must be) and tell others they must treat her better.  As I was almost finished checking out, my sister walked up to the check out.  She stood there a moment and heard Azy speak.  She immediately looked over at me a bit astonished and said "did you ask her if....(she was going to say if she has spastic dysphonia).." I said "yes we were just talking about her sounding like mom.  She however, does not have DS, she had an accident years ago."  I introduced my sister to Azy.  Before the end of our conversation with Azy, we were ALL a bit tearful and Azy told us sweetly that she would pray for our mom and for us.  She gave both my sister and I a hug.  What a phenominal lady and what a total blessing that trip to Kohl's was for me and for my sister.  Best trip to Kohl's I've ever had....big shout out blessings to Azy at Kohl's in Austin, Texas!
Love and miss you mom, wish you were here!

Deuteronomy 5:16
“Honor your father and your mother, as the Lord your God has commanded you, so that you may live long and that it may go well with you in the land the Lord your God is giving you.



Encourage One Another, continuing the journey on fresh paths.
Blessings and love to you, xoxo.


No comments:

Post a Comment