Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Backyard Picnic

So it's spring time in this city!  You can miss it.  Breezy, 70 degrees, sunny, not a cloud in the sky.  It's west Texas spring time with 70-80 during the day and 30s at night.  Last evening I had a fire in the fire place.  I just love it.  Yesterday was in the 50s and perfect, absolutely perfect.
So ok, lunch time rolls around and as I'm fixing a sandwich I'm thinking "I really need to be outside enjoying this weather".  I'm going to ride this afternoon later but what about now.  So I decide a backyard picnic is in order.  My yard is still in a state of "winter" of course, but who cares.  All the hanging baskets and plants are inside the house and the grass remains in shades of pale green and brown.  Dried leaves still litter the patio, even after consistent sweeping and blowing.  So lunch is prepared.  I travel outside with my beach towel, computer, journal, "Where Women Create" magazine, and lunch.  That consists of open face ham sandwich on 7 grain bread with a little Polynesian sauce inside, chips, cheese stick, and a "hot" pickle.  I just found these at HEB to take the place of the Habanero pickles I paid a lot for online.  These are comparable and are really good and hot.  Add Ikey, a diet Pepsi and Heartland on the computer and vue la, you have a picnic in the backyard.  Photo is a "during" shot so you can see I have already enjoyed a few bites....  Ikey is waiting patiently to see what bites he gets.  


 After eating every scrumptious bite, except what I shared with Ikey and one little bread crumb toss to the birds, I laid down and watched the rest of Heartland...then I just laid down for a bit in the sun.  What a great idea.  What a great day.

Enjoy One Another

No comments:

Post a Comment