Wednesday, March 7, 2012

"Gettin' Jiggy Wid It"

Have you ever heard or watched birds flirt?  I've seen a lot of it lately.  It's a little bit crazy.  I mean when love is in the air...ya get a little "jiggy wid it".  The "boy" bird will fluff his feathers out, struck around and "round up" his girl.  He follows her, herds her, ruffles his feathers at her, squalks, sqweels and jumps.  She walks around paying him absolutely no mind as if she could care less.  I guess eventually she gives in.  The "boy" bird will also sing.  I mean really sing...loud.  Well to me it sounds like singing but I suspect he is telling her something like what he'll do for her, how pretty she is, why he's the one for her, that he has a nice home or will build her one, that they'll go to church on Sunday, that he'll let her bring the dog in the house, that she's the only one for him, that he's rich and handsome...something like that.  Truthfully, he just wants her.  Nature is calling him and he will do whatever it takes to win her over.  He's just a flirt, a gad about, a ladies man and maybe a little bit of a liar.  So good luck my friend.  You can do it.  I'll watch for the twigs, strings and trash mounting up in trees as nests and the eventual babies chirping.  Spring has sprung.  Bring on the flowers and the honey bees.  Bring on the 70 degree weather.  Bring on the Easter parade.  Bring it on.


This is a little bird house my dad made some years ago!  It needs a family!

Encourage One Another

No comments:

Post a Comment