Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Homeward Bound

Well, it's official.  I'm moving south.  The first little place that stole my heart has my heart after all.



While my head says there are a few short comings about it, my heart needs to tell my head, "it is perfect"..."  Be content with all things".  Scripture talks about he was content and happy no matter what.  I above all know truly that things are just things and if I have to get rid of some, big deal.  I can replace them or do without them, whatever it takes.  The colors will work, the front porch is amazing, the tree covered yard will provide lots of shade, the size will be easier to clean.  I'm planning to put the rockers and white table from our town house on the porch.  I have an idea for the porch swing and if it works out, I'll let you know.  My ivy baskets and planters will make the front porch comfortable and homey.  Ikey and I'll be spending a lot of time on the porch, just listening and resting.  Once I get everything in it's place, it will be perfect.
I praise God I found a place.  I'll be moving south closer to my daughter's family, just like I planned to from the beginning.  My sister and bnl will be following shortly after to someplace south as well and Midland will be in our rear view mirror.  Not that I will never return, as most likely we will.  I have friends here.  I spent part of my life here and I developed relationships that will go on, even though I won't see those folks as often.
And here is one of those "coincidences", twists of fate, "God things" that came to my attention.  I'm a big journal writer.  I have been for about 35 years, off and on, mostly on.  I have all my old journals.  My original journal was just a tablet with lined notebook type paper.  Since then I've had all kinds.  I like to buy journals, the more different the better.  Most recently I had one made from an old book "Black Beauty".  It was published in 1966.  The cover is in pretty good shape, blue fabric with a black horse outlined by a yellow sunset.  He looks like an Arabian.  The journal artist recycles book, taking  out the pages of the book and then adds blank pages to write on, which now have become my journal.  I did ask her to leave in the front page, the table of contents, all picture plates, and all the chapter first pages.  Guess what the title of the first chapter is?  Homeward Bound!  I just started this journal this month, June 2012.  Homeward Bound, how fitting, how timely, how true.
I'm going home, home to the place I have lived most of my life.  Home where there are friends who I think will greet me and be glad I'm back.  Home to my daughter who maybe I can lend a hand.  Home to my grandson who I can watch grow up.  Home to the next stage of my life, whatever that may hold.



                                                               Home Sweet Home
  1. Philippians 4:11
    I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be contentwhatever the circumstances.
  2. Philippians 4:12
    I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want.
  3. 1 Timothy 6:8
    But if we have food and clothing, we will be content with that.
  4. Hebrews 13:5
    Keep your lives free from the love of money and be content with what you have,because God has said, “Never will I leave you; never will I forsake you.”


Encourage One Another

No comments:

Post a Comment