Saturday, August 11, 2012

The Shadow Over Moving Day



9:00am.  Moving day. The movers are late. Any other day it would not matter. But today I'm in a hurry.  Today, moving day, is overshadowed, as today is also the day of the memorial of my beloved son in law's brother who died Thursday ,a sad, tragic death. Ross' soul and his spirit and his heart were so sad. Sometimes people are just born that way or sometimes they develop that way. I don't think anyone is really sure why. But it is so hard for them to live life in this world. They search and seek happiness and relief from that pain the feel emotionally, and find it impossible to live life on this earth. Few people know this feeling. Few people understand it.  Most often they are unable to find it, that peace. Finally they give up, they surrender, they make a choice to not do it anymore, and they leave this world. Ross chose this last Tuesday.  Ross, may you be at peace now and rest in the arms of Jesus.   Today, and this week, my heart breaks for those hearts already broken, those that loved him for years and lost him this week. And Lord I pray you hold them close, comfort them as only you can. Only you Lord! May they reach for you, feel you, and accept you reaching back.  

                                       


John 14:26-27

New International Version (NIV)
26 But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you. 27 Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.

Encourage One Another

Continuing the journey, on fresh paths.

No comments:

Post a Comment