Sunday, January 27, 2013

A Ride Through the Country


Psalm 18:32-34

New International Version (NIV)
32 It is God who arms me with strength
    and keeps my way secure.
33 He makes my feet like the feet of a deer;
    he causes me to stand on the heights.


Yesterday a friend called and said "want to ride with me to go try to trap the neighbor's bulls who broke into the meadow place?"  I said sure, donned my jeans, cap and camera and jumped in the truck.  The whole bull trapping thing was a quick success.  This wasn't his "first rodeo" when it comes to trapping cattle.  But the perk was lots of cruising through the brush.  Deer were everywhere.  You never know when you ride through the country if you'll see one or twenty one deer.  Today was my lucky day. There were many more seen than I was able to catch on my camera.  But they are in my mind, in my memory and with a smile on my face.  Nothing much prettier than a deer in the wild.  Here are a few photos:

At "the meadow".



 Look close, you just see her tail as she's scampering off!

At "Peach Creek".
 See them, one just to the left, one just to the right of the opening.
 Some shots are actually much better and closer than others.  This was a great close shot of the girl on the right.

At "the ranch".

 Not only do you need a keen eye to see these deer in the pasture, you need a keen eye to find them in these photos!


Along the way at "Peach Creek" we got a chance to see this new fence line.  No one still alive has ever seen down this fence line before due to the thick brush that was bulldozed to clear this line.  My friend was seeing it for the first time in his lifetime.
 If you look close, the fence goes right between these two huge Live Oak trees!  You can see it in the top photo.
 Here it just looks like it goes right through them or runs into them and starts again on the other side.

 Beautiful oaks were hidden in here!

 These photos were taken at "the ranch".  A new project.  Always love the flying flags.


Here's how we ended our day...with a beautiful full moon at dusk.


 Using different exposures.  My camera had a HARD time taking photos into that bright moon!
 These two views were so cool!
We topped everything off with sausage, eggs, biscuits and honey.  This day gets chalked up as one of my best.

Psalm 104:19
He made the moon to mark the seasons, and the sun knows when to go down.

Encourage One Another, continuing the journey on fresh paths.

Blessings and love XO

No comments:

Post a Comment