Monday, January 28, 2013

In the Right Place at the Right Time

Matthew 3:16
As soon as Jesus was baptized, he went up out of the water. At that moment heaven was opened, and he saw the Spirit of God descending like a dove and alighting on him.


I've decided I need to have my camera with me all the time.  I just never know when a perfect moment and a great photo opportunity is going to come my way.  Like today...
I'm driving down the gravel road with my camera in the seat next to me.  Out my window, to the left, in the flash of an eye, I see what appears to be a hawk, swooping down to the ground and dive bombing a Caracara (Mexican Eagle, also known as a buzzard) on the head.  The hawk then lands in the top of the tree.  I stop my car and grab my camera to get a photo of the hawk who landed in the tree and disregarding the one still in the field.  Then I see the other big bird take flight toward the one in the tree.  That one LANDS on top of that hawk.  I'm snapping away at a rapid pace, not believing my eyes, now suspecting and still not sure but thinking I am seeing these birds mate.








 I'm thinking, "OMG, what in the world did I just see!"  Then they fly off.

I'm just blown away.  When I get to the house I zoom those pictures in on my camera.  They are phenomenal.  It is obviously two hawks.  They don't even appear to be the same kind.  Their feathers are different and they are different colors.

When I download them onto my computer I can't get close up like on my camera screen...so disappointing.
Here is a photo I took with my phone of the camera screen where I had zoomed in.
Just take my word for it...this was a once in a lifetime sight.  I hope I can check with our area game biologist and see what he has to say about the whole thing.  I'll probably google it too.  If I find anything else out...I'll let you know.

Isaiah 40
28 Do you not know?
    Have you not heard?
The Lord is the everlasting God,
    the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
    and his understanding no one can fathom.
29 He gives strength to the weary
    and increases the power of the weak.
30 Even youths grow tired and weary,
    and young men stumble and fall;
31 but those who hope in the Lord
    will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
    they will run and not grow weary,
    they will walk and not be faint.


Encourage One Another, continuing the journey on fresh paths.
Blessings and love XO


No comments:

Post a Comment