Monday, April 29, 2013

Chicken Feeder Recycle

I have two matching doors on the front of my house.  Of course you know from my photos that mine is an older house where they built one door going into the bedroom and one into the living room.
Even though there are flowers on the porch and steps the doors needed some decor.  On my trip to Roundtop this year I wanted to find something, like wreaths, or something to create, to put on each door.

Door decor of any kind was pretty hard to come by and in fact the first day I didn't really find anything that would work. Second day I found this.
It's a chicken feeder...she had two.  They were rustic and cute and country so after a little bit of bartering they were mine to take home.  In the display she had live petunias in one of those little plastic containers.  It looked really cute with live flowers but since the bottom of the feeder has a screen on it only, and it would be hanging on the door, they were not going to be practical.  Plus keeping it watered and pretty might be a real trick.
However, I bought the galvanized feeders and figured I'd come up with my own recycled idea.


After a trip to Hobby Lobby, and a little time in my art room ("atelier"), here is my result.  I like it. While I have two doors, I want to put a storm door with a screen up on the living room side, actually this side, so I can see out from inside the living room.  If that doesn't happen, I'll make the other one to match.  Otherwise, I'll come up with another idea or just hang the other one some place else.

Deuteronomy 2:7
The Lord your God has blessed you in all the work of your hands.


Encourage One Another, continuing the journey on fresh paths.
Blessings and love to you, xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment