Thursday, April 11, 2013

Today I Am Sad

Yesterday I found out two husbands died.

One, Ed, I knew him.  He was a husband.  He was my friend.  My sister and I knew him well in high school.  He actually died in February, but I just learned of it yesterday.  He was 61.  He left behind a wife.  His death was immediate.  There was no time to say any words that had not been said or to apologize for anything that needed forgiveness.  I did not know his wife.

Two, Dick, I did not know this husband, I know his wife, Janie.  She is my friend.  He died yesterday.  His death was immediate.  He was 57.  There was no time to say any words that had not been said or to apologize for anything that needed forgiveness.  I did not know Dick.

I am so sad for the wives.  It must be hard to fill the gap of a good husband.  There will be many lonely days.  I pray for God's comforting arms to surround them and give them peace.  Only the arms of God can give you grace at such a time.

Deaths such as these always prompt me to tell all those I love how much I love them and how much they mean in my life, in this life.  It says to me "I need to be right with God, right with my family and friends and right with the world every day.  I do not know anything past this moment.

Today, make someone's day.  Tell them what you need to say; tell them how you feel.

May "the Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you; the Lord lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace."  Numbers 6:24-26.


Encourage One Another, continuing the journey on fresh paths.
Blessings and love to you, xoxo.

PS   The norther that blasted through here yesterday with wild horrible winds whipping the limbs in the trees destroyed the doves' nest.  Not a good way to end my yesterday.  

Today however, is a new day and I will be glad.
"This is the day the Lord has made, let us rejoice and be glad in it.  Psm 118:24





No comments:

Post a Comment