Wednesday, April 3, 2013

If You Build It, They Will Come

Talk about being in the right place at the right time AKA God never ceases to amaze me!
Today I was standing at the kitchen sink (don't remember doing what) when I looked out the window and saw a dove picking around at some grass.  It flew off.  Seconds later it flew to the same area on the ground and started picking at some more grass.  It flew off with some.  Seconds later it did the same thing.  OK, I say to myself, something's going on here.
 He will pick them up, shake them and drop them.
 I have no idea what he's looking for or how he knows "this is the right one!"  He landed at this spot beside this little gate at least 6-8 times searching for just the perfect materials to build with.

I watched where he flew to as he flew off.  It was up into a tree, then right back down.  Ah Ha, I say to myself, it's building a nest.  When I look closer into the tree, I see another dove in there.  By now I have grabbed my camera.  If nothing else, so I can use my zoom to see better.  I see the bird in the tree shuffling around behind some leaves.  I can tell, the one in the tree is the one building the nest, making it just right.  She's spinning and turning and fluffing.  I can barely see her, but I can see her.  You have to look hard right in the middle of these photos.

The other dove is the one bringing in the twigs and grass (I suspect that's the male and the one in the tree is the female).  I imagine the one in the tree saying "no honey, that's not enough, keep bringing them please!"  So off he goes.
 Here is he flying in to land and do the hand off.
Here he is preparing to leave again.
So obviously this will be something I'll be watching out my kitchen window.  I even have my binoculars and a little stool close by the make my viewing easier.  The nest is across the fence. However, there is a gate close by that I can easily go through to get a better look (and hopefully some better and closer photos).  If you remember, there was a nest last year I followed and watched the eggs.  However, the nest fell before the eggs hatched...sad.  Maybe this will have a different outcome.  The nest a dove builds is very sparse and airy!  It's a nest of economy style, a few grass sprigs and twigs and they are ready to set up shop.  I hope to see some little dove come along before too long.
The truth is, just to be able to see these kinds of Mother Nature's miracles, makes me so so glad I live in this little cottage in the oaks.  God is truly awesome.  I thank him for my eyes to see.  What a blessing!

Luke 7:21
At that very time Jesus cured many who had diseases, sicknesses and evil spirits, and gave sight to many who were blind.

Encourage One Another, continuing the journey on fresh paths.
Blessings and love to you, xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment