Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Roadside Photo Op...Black Colt

I always like to travel with my camera close by.  I never know when there might be a photo opportunity I can't pass up.  Last week I had one.

There's a place up by Luling that raises Friesian horses.  If you've never seen these horses, they are huge and incredibly beautiful with long flowing manes and tails.  I've contacted them and they have told me I can come to take some photos but I've not had a chance to do it.  I'm always turning my head their way in case the horses are close to the road.  I've driven by there a hundred times and never seen them up close.  Until today.  This is what I saw.

I did a great big u-turn.  It's a bit of an off season for colts to be born.  Most of them are born after January 1st.  Regardless, I could not pass up this chance to photograph this guy.  The two of them were not really close to the road but using my telephoto I was able to get some pretty good shots.
This boy loves his mama.  It's amazing how that instinct is so strong from the very beginning.
 "Wanna dance?"
Perfect.  Adorable.  Beautiful right?
Here he is rubbing on her and pushing her with his rear end saying "move over mama"!
Leaning in.
"Mom, mama, mommie, mom, mom, mommie, MOM!"
I love this photo.  I love photos from behind.  
Then something spooked them from the highway.

Here he is with all four feet off the ground...flying!
U
Then they just got quiet again.  No harm done.  He never gets more than about 10 feet from her.

I love it when God surprises me with gifts like this one.  He knows how much I love horses and how much I love photographing them.  This was truly a devine moment created by him just for me.  

    Psalm 37:4
    Take delight in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart


Encourage One Another, continuing the journey on fresh paths.
Blessings and love to you, xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment