Thursday, November 7, 2013

True Love

I don't remember a lot about Robert Carter in high school.  Since high school I know he career served in the armed forces, married Kay and had children.  He has been the center of organizing our reunions for as long as I can remember.  He has a sweet and kind heart and appears to be a great man, husband, father and friend.  He asks for prayer when his family is in need.  His mother has been very ill lately.  His wife passed away earlier this year.  Today I read his post, which I've included below, and was just speechless.  To me it just showed his vulnerability and his true love for his wife.  One of the comments below his post was from his son.  It said "we love you dad!"
I just wanted to share one of the sweetest thing I've read in a long time.  Wouldn't we all love to be loved like this....


De ja vu
Well over the years November has been a bad month for me. Me being activated, Kay getting sick every November. But last night was a good memory, I could not sleep and Kay had been on my mind a lot. So I got up as usual and sat in my chair the dogs came also. As I sat there I saw the cassette player was on and had been since Kay passed away. She would sit and listen to old country music and relax. So I got up and turned it on and started listening to a instrumental country band that played for Roy Rogers .
As I sat back and started listening it was waltzes and slow two step music. I soon fell asleep and de ja vu. I dosed off and there she was, we danced for hours then she looked up smiled and I kissed her good night. Then I got up and went back to bed. I love and miss you

Genesis 2:23-25

New International Version (NIV)
23 The man said,
“This is now bone of my bones
    and flesh of my flesh;
she shall be called ‘woman,’
    for she was taken out of man.
24 That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one flesh.


Encourage One Another, continuing the journey on fresh paths.

Blessings and love to you, xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment