Sunday, February 20, 2011

Friendship

Friendship, it's an amazing thing.  I have this friend.  We pray together.  I have not had a friend to pray with in a long time.  I can't remember when to tell you the truth.  I'll call her up when I'm in a dilemma and tell her my story.  And then she will say "can I pray for you"or "would you like me to pray for you?".  I love that.  I love her.  She is a mentor to me.  Tonight she called me.  She and I are both going through somewhat of dilemma right now.  It's about should we follow our heart or should we follow God.  Ok, really, is that even a question?  That in itself shows our selfishness, our wanting it our way instead of God's way.  We know what He wants us to do.  We know what we need to do.  Now we need the courage and strength to do it His way, to walk the path He has laid out for us.  It's the harder way...or so it seems to us.  However, I bet in the long run we look back and see that His way was THE way after all.  Tonight she prayed for both of us.  Amen!

Encourage one another

No comments:

Post a Comment