Thursday, March 3, 2011

"Sometimes the Hardest Thing and the Right Thing Are the Same Thing

"Sometimes the hardest thing and the right thing are the same thing.  I read this on a friend's Facebook.  It really hit home.  It is just so true.  I really struggle to "do the right thing" or the thing I think God is leading me to do.  I try to listen for a "word".  Sometimes I don't like what I hear....cause it's the hard thing, you know, the right thing.  Sometimes I want the easy road, the road most traveled, the way that causes no pain.  Ok, all the time I want the easy way.  I don't want any pain.  I don't want to learn the lesson.  I don't like those things...
On the other hand...
Scripture says our trials are our paths to or back to God.  They are where he teaches us to be the best we can be; where he teaches us to minister to others by our own trials; where he blesses us.  So in clear thinking, I do not want to be without those lessons.  I certainly don't want to be without God.  And he is in all things.

Encourage one another

No comments:

Post a Comment