Saturday, October 15, 2011

I've Still Got It

Three days ago I was innocently eating at Mr. Gattis alone.  We had just finished our Sunday's Child shoot and I was partaking of a "comped" lunch by MG.  The bus boy/man came be and said "Hi, my name is Luis.  Yesterday was my birthday.  My boss lady made me some brownies, I was wondering if you wanted one"?  I said "uh well, I'm having a late lunch (it was 2pm already) and I'm having an early dinner (meeting a friend for Chinese at 5:45p) so I better not.  How old were you though" I asked..."68" he said!  He said "Have you ever heard of the Texas Roadhouse?"  I said "yes, they have really good bread".  He said "They have really good steak and shrimp too and that butter".  We agreed they were good.  Then he said "if you'd like to go sometime to eat there we could or are you married?"  I quickly said "well uh, I'm in a relationship"...agh!  I mean really ya'll, I've never been asked out by an employee of a restaurant where I was eating.  Isn't that a bit, well, I'm not sure what to call it, but I wondered if his "boss lady" knows he asks out the clients?  We/he chatted a few more minutes and he left wishing me a good day and said "well if you ever want to go to Texas Roadhouse give me a call".  Thankfully he did not offer his number.

Encourage One Another

No comments:

Post a Comment