Friday, September 14, 2012

Our Most Recent Visitor

Meet "Rocky"!  Our most recent visitor.



Yesterday the wind blew....really blew here.  Gusty I would say.  It blew over some plants and knocked wind chimes and a bird feeder out of my tree (the bird feeder no birds have bothered to eat from).  Well, it left some seeds on the ground in the yard.  I took and shook it out in the pasture, hoping any "unwanted" visitors (ie: RODENTS) would stay away from the house.

As Ikey and I sat "porching" this morning, he growls under his breath, ears alert at something which I never saw.  I didn't see anything concerning anyway.  A bit later, I saw Rocky scampering toward the tree.  I suspect he was (behind the column) on the ground eating those seeds.

Genesis 2:19
Now the LORD God had formed out of the ground all the wild animals and all the birds in the sky. He brought them to the man to see what he would name them; and whatever the man called each living creature, that was its name. (Squirrel)

He jumped up the tree and I was able to get some shots of him there.




He was mostly cleaning his hands it appeared!  We just remained still (Ikey actually never saw him again).  He eventually scampered down the tree, around the yard and then disappeared behind the house.




Yesterday Ikey and I got up very early in the morning, while it was still dark.  We thought we heard something in the attic, some light knocking and movement sounds.  He and I just sort of looked at each other.  All was not quiet anyway and it was a bit concerning.

Oh my, I hope it's not Rocky who's taken up residence in our attic!!!

Encourage one another...continuing the journey with fresh paths

No comments:

Post a Comment