Saturday, September 8, 2012

Sunrise at the Little House


“God came from Teman...His glory covered the heavens and his praise filled the earth. His splendor was like the sunrise; rays flashed from his hand...” Habakkuk 3:4

I captured these photos last week one morning when clouds were around the horizon. Sometimes I'll wake up early to check for clouds. If it's clear I'll stay in bed til after sunrise. If there are clouds, like this morning, I get up because the chance for a beautiful sunrise is pretty good. I think this day I hit a bulls eye.
There's this oak tree, as you can see, right in the spot where I watch the sun come up from the porch. These photos were taken through and around it as you can see. I am only using my camera on automatic...I'm a chicken to venture too far from that.





Since the sun sets behind the house I don't catch many sunsets...yet. I'll have to start watching the sky for those too. It is starting to get dark earlier, maybe thirty minutes or so. The days are getting shorter. August has been so much cooler than last year. In fact, the whole summer has been much cooler and wetter than last year, a huge relief to the earth.



I'll keep snapping these photos of the sunrise and share them from time to time. God is good, and I remain blessed by the beauty that surrounds my new home.

Encourage one another, continuing the journey on fresh paths.

No comments:

Post a Comment