Friday, December 10, 2010

Me and He, finally alone

Today was a first, a fabulous first, me babysitting alone with my grandson, my first grandson my only grandson. My daughter and her husband went out for a date night, their first since the baby was born. And I got to keep my boy.
So far so good if I do say so myself. Albeit a bit funny however. I'm sure the neighbors could hear my offbeat, out of tune singing of words and lyrics I really don't remember. My play list consists of old church hymns, little 'Jesus Loves Me" type songs and Christmas carols. I'm sure my boy was wondering what in the world he had gotten himself into. I mean "where in the world are my parents" he must have been thinking. However, he remained calm, looked me in the eye and keep sucking that "paci" like it was going out of style. My mission was to keep him awake until it was time to eat dinner and then go "bedtime". Mission accomplished! We played on the floor, bounced in the bouncer, walked the room, rocked in PaPa's recliner, and watched the fan circle. It's all good. Once it was time to eat there was first a diaper change. Then he drank his whole bottle and burped twice. Next I successfully managed to get him in his little swaddler blanket and kiss his neck goodnight. I laid him in his bed, turned on the little sheep sounds and off to lullaby land he went...just like that. Nothing to it...like I have been doing it for years. Well I guess years ago I did do it....for years. Until she grew up and had my first grandchild! And the world goes round and round.

Encourage One Another

No comments:

Post a Comment