Tuesday, November 6, 2012

No Photo Op Here!

Last night Ikey asked to go outside.  He was anxious and barking like he always does when it's time for him to go out.  As he's right at the door barking, I always make him wait and back up and let me go or at least look out first just to be sure there are no dogs or concerns out there before I let him out.  I generally do not put him on a leash or anything, as he does not run off...so far.
So I turned on the outside light (it was already almost 9pm) and opened the door.  I immediately saw a SKUNK on the second step appearing to be leaving the porch as I think I was seeing the back end.  YIKES!  I shut the door quickly. I turned on the other front light and cracked opened the door again....GONE!  Praise God.
I went out and didn't see him so I started to clap, softly at first.  I wanted him to leave the yard (I didn't see him but sensed he still had to be pretty close because all they do is waddle as they walk).  I got louder and louder with my clap then wanting to chase him off into oblivion!  I made a lot of noise.  I  never did smell anything that smelled like a skunk, thank goodness.
After a few minutes I sensed the coast was clear and went in to get Ikey.  I did put him on a leash, just in case he ambled back by.  As Ikey walked over that second step his nose never even hit the ground.  He never even knew the skunk was there.  Blood hound he is not!  He went out, did his business, bounced back up the steps and into the house. He never missed a lick.  Glad I don't depend on him to hunt for our dinner!
No photo op this time...and hopefully there will be no next time!
                                                                    
Hebrews 13:2
Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it.
Encourage One Another, continuing the journey on fresh paths.

Blessings and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment