Thursday, July 11, 2013

Sometimes Mother Nature Really Makes Me Mad

Starting in early June I was fighting off some Swallows who wanted to build a nest on top of my porch lights right on top of my porch steps.  They are so messy.  I knocked their initial "mud building nest" down for weeks.  Then they started building a nest on the porch, up in the corner, not over the steps.  I decided it would be cool to watch the babies grow up right there so I left them along.  It's pretty amazing how they carry that mud and build that nest.  She sat on it a while then I saw her peering in.  I gave her a day or so then started taking photos of them on July 4th.  For about a week I have been photographing every to every other day.  They were adorable.  I let them build so Baby Gray and I could watch them grow up.  When they were a day or so old any noise would have them opening their mouths, searching for food, chirping, etc.  When mom would fly up there to feed them I could always tell because there was so much noise.  Today I was going to photograph them then download all the photos onto the computer and post this post.  I got the ladder set up and looked up to call them.  I called to them which always sent them chirping.  I didn't see their little heads peeping over the top.  When I got on the ladder I still didn't see them.  When I climbed higher and looked into the nest...it was empty.  I'm just sick about it.  I googled something about "the baby Swallows were there then they weren't) and it didn't give much info except "predators"...unnamed, "just how nature works" .  I cannot imagine what would have crawled up the wall or flown onto and under my porch to get ALL of them out.  The parents are flying around and looking for them in the nest.  I really want to cry.  I'm not going to post the photos.  Maybe I'll just delete them (unless you ask to see them).  The end.

Genesis 3:19
By the sweat of your brow you will eat your food until you return to the ground, since from it you were taken; for dust you are and to dust you will return.”


Encourage One Another, continuing the journey on fresh paths.
Blessings and love to you, xoxo.

1 comment:

  1. so very sad....i do not like the circle of life very much.

    Here is my e-mail address....write me so I have yours, and I will e-mail some rub/salt recipes!

    farmgirlcyn@gmail.com

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete