Sunday, September 23, 2012

What's For Lunch Or Rocky II

Ikey and I were restfully sitting out on the porch one morning this week.  Ikey's lounging in the sun and I'm rocking in the rocker.  I see Ikey stand up and hear that little low growl he does.  However, I don't see what he sees.  All of the sudden, running up onto this perch in the big oak in our yard I see "Rocky".  


'Lunch, this must be lunch" I think.  And Rocky is happy as a clam about it.  For a minute anyway, then Rocky sees us and I can tell that he wants to "chatter".  He gets jittery, He moves and thinks and tries to figure out how, with this huge wad of green pecans in his mouth, his going to give us the "what for"!  He circles, sits up, flits his tail, and watches us.  I even know what he wants to say...."don't even think about it!"  Like I would, I mean really, I don't like green pecans and neither does Ikey.  We will eat a ripe one, but we are happy to leave the green ones to our friends.
 Our eyes are glued to him and he knows it!
 You can see his tail twitching in this photo.  He's getting really anxious!
 He's calculating his escape, ready to make a run for it.  Fear and greed are getting the best of him.
All the sudden he disappears to the back of the tree.  I'm still ready with my camera wondering where he's going to come down.
Down he springs and then sprints across the yard to the safer oak trees outside the yard fence.
It's green pecan pie for Rocky for lunch and a ham sandwich for me!

Isaiah 61:11
For as the soil makes the sprout come up and a garden causes seeds to grow, so the Sovereign LORD will make righteousness and praise spring up before all nations.

Encourage One Another, continuing the journey on fresh paths.

Well, there's been another spotting of the pecan nabber, this time only 2 pecans were confiscated!  Getting braver and greedier...or just maybe hungrier?  Rocky...bon appetite!

No comments:

Post a Comment