Sunday, September 16, 2012

The Calming Sound of Rain

Slow, intentional, steady, nurturing, free falling, earth quenching, flower blooming, tree thriving, sweet smelling rain, that's what I see and hear outside my windows.



The cattle just stand and lower their heads and continue to graze.  It does not faze them.  It's breezy flannel shirt weather.  (I have on one that was my dad's).  Oh my gosh, it's been too long.  Having lived in west Texas for 5 years it just didn't happen out there very often.  Last year 2011, it did not rain, literally,  the entire year.  The year before that, if it did rain, I was generally inside my work place or someplace where I could not see it or hear it or enjoy it.  I wish I had a way to capture it for later, when I'm stressed, when I'm tired, when I just need to be blessed.  Just to listen to God giving Mother nature what she needs, what she longs for.

Leviticus 26:4
I will send you rain in its season, and the ground will yield its crops and the trees their fruit.

Deuteronomy 11:14
then I will send rain on your land in its season, both autumn and spring rains, so that you may gather in your grain, new wine and olive oil.
2 Samuel 23:4
he is like the light of morning at sunrise on a cloudless morning, like the brightness after rain that brings grass from the earth.’

God is truly good!

The Rain
Pitter-patter, raindrops,
Falling from the sky;
Here is my umbrella
To keep me safe and dry!
When the rain is over,
And the sun begins to glow,
Little flowers start to bud,
And grow and grow and grow!

- Anon.

Rain On The Green Grass
Rain on the green grass,
And rain on the sea,
Rain on the house-tops,
But not on me!

- Anon.

Slip On Your Raincoat
Slip on your raincoat,
Pull on your galoshes;
Wading in puddles
Makes splishes and sploshes.


Deuteronomy 32:2
Let my teaching fall like rain and my words descend like dew, like showers on new grass, like abundant rain on tender plants.


Encourage One Another...continuing the journey on fresh paths

No comments:

Post a Comment