Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Two of My Favorite Finds

Warrenton/Roundtop Texas
High and low, that's where I look in these booths for horses.  There is just stuff everywhere, on shelves, under shelves, on top of things, underneath things, in boxes, hanging, you name it, it's somewhere.  These folks bring so much stuff I cannot imagine how long it takes them to load their trailers to bring it, unload their trailers when they get there, and then load them again to take it all back home...not a job I want for sure.  But I love that they do it.  It makes the rest of us treasure hunters very happy.

My favorite items were all purchased on day two.  Here are a couple.

One I found in the morning and one was the last purchase of the day.  I had actually seen this last item the very first thing in the morning on the way to purchase something else, but we forgot to go look at it.  Just as we were headed to the house at 5:30 to call it a day, my friend said "what about that horse on the side of that trailer".  I had almost forgotten.  So we headed there very quickly as it was late and all the venders were once again about to shut down.

The picture I had initially seen had already been sold.  But this one was still available and actually I liked it better.

This pretty boy is painted with enamel paint on an old piece of tin; the tin was then mounted on a wooden frame to stabilize it and then outlined in heavy rope.  Here he is setting above my fireplace!
My other sweet find of the day was an signed original oil painting of a gray horse grazing.

The seller told me "Rhea" was an artist from the deep south.  While "Rhea" may not be famous (the seller didn't know her last name), I loved her simple peaceful capture of this guy doing what horses love best...eating green grass.
It didn't hurt that both of these horse finds were gray like Mosey!
Day two was by far the best day.  I was so glad I went back for day two.  I was also grateful I had my friend Janie with me. She knew some cool places, different places to go where I had not been before.  We met some neat people, venders, during the day as well and had a great time making new friends.
I'll have more finds in a later in post.
Warrenton, I love you and I'll be back!

1 Kings 10:25
Year after year, everyone who came brought a gift—articles of silver and gold, robes, weapons and spices, and horses and mules.

Encourage one another, continuing the journey on fresh paths.
Blessings and love to you...

No comments:

Post a Comment